We will keep this page up to date as the Pandemic develops and business needs and regulations change.
The approach in Scotland is very different to England and Wales.
The Scheme is applied for and if accepted by Scottish Water, some charges and consumption are deferred for payment later. The scheme ends after two meter reads from March 24th 2020.
In summary the scheme is applicable as follows:
|Charge Element||Unmeasured Water Supplies||Small Metered All meters <=25||Large Metered Any meter >25mm||Drainage Charges|
|Water - fixed charge||60% deferral of wholesale charges||No deferral of fixed charges||N/A|
|Water - volumetric charges||60% deferral of wholesale charges||
100% deferral. Volumetric charge deferral ends after 2nd meter reading after 24 March 2020
|Foul sewage - fixed charge||60% deferral of wholesale charges||No deferral of fixed charges||N/A|
|Foul sewage - volumetric charges||60% deferral of wholesale charges||100% deferral. Volumetric charge deferral ends after 2nd meter reading after 24 March 2020||N/A|
|Property Drainage||60% deferral of wholesale charges||60% deferral of wholesale charges||No deferral of drainage charges||60% deferral of wholesale charges|
|Roads Drainage||60% deferral of wholesale charges||60% deferral of wholesale charges||No deferral of drainage charges||60% deferral of wholesale charges|
|Trade Effluent - Fixed||No deferral of Trade Effluent charges||N/A|
|Trade Effluent - Volumetric||No deferral of Trade Effluent charges||N/A|
Please note, this is a scheme that is applied for by Businesses and Organisations closed directly due to the Pandemic and latest Scottish Government restrictions.
We will be writing to all of our customers with sites in Scotland. We wish to discuss with each customer their specific circumstances, applicability of the scheme, application process, deferred payment process and when/where it applies.
We remain open to support you during this very difficult time. All of our staff are working from home. Call volumes and length of call have increased. Whilst we are answering the phones as quickly as possible, please use email (for queries – firstname.lastname@example.org for meter readings - email@example.com).
Other online services
If you haven’t already, now is a good time to sign up for e-billing. Our e-billing service means you can store all documents in one secure location. Instant access and the ability to pay online from any location puts you firmly in control.
Will there be changes to my water supply?
Your water supply is provided by the water company (wholesaler) in your region. We’re keeping in touch with wholesalers to get the latest updates regarding water supply.
At the moment, wholesalers tell us they are:
- Prioritising emergency supply and water quality.
- Monitoring the situation closely and have emergency planning in operation.
- Working to ensure resilience plans are as strong as possible and that every step is taken to minimise risk to everyday operations (this covers areas including personnel, chemicals and supplies and prioritisation of works planned).
- Acting on the latest information from planning groups, the government and other key agencies, and believe the risk to current operations is low.
- Increasing the number of operational people to run critical functions at water treatment works and wastewater treatment works.
- Watch this page for updates
- Keep in touch and let us know whether your sites are open or closed directly due to the Pandemic.
- Provide meter reads where safe to do so
Thank you from the team at SES Business Water. We remain dedicated to serving our customers as well as providing practical advice and best practice during the Pandemic.